Bites & B-roll Packages
Braun Film and Video, Inc. is a full-service communications media house. Whether your needs include taped video feeds, such as Bites and B-roll packages (BBRs), radio or television media tours, and/or webcasting, we can help you develop an effective strategy to reach your audience. Braun Film and Video offers a full range of outreach to television, webcast, and radio including:
- Bites & B-roll video production and distribution (BBR). We can develop, produce and distribute your story as a bites & b-roll package. Braun Film and Video is a one- stop shop for all your production and distribution needs, including field producing, editing, distribution and station contact.
- Localized Bites & B-roll production and distribution. Localizing your message makes a story even more relevant and compelling. Braun along with our strategic partner, have pioneered an effective method for using local data to create localized outreach programs. It’s a distinctive approach that addresses the number one reason offered by many local reporters for passing on an otherwise interesting story topic … that it isn’t local enough. Providing local information and local sound bites makes it easier for local news to present a story with relevance to their viewers.
- Spanish language Bites & B-roll and distribution. One of the largest untapped television audiences can be found watching Spanish language television broadcasts of Univision and Telemundo (and their local market affiliates). We can develop and distribute bites and b-roll products (BBRs) for news producers at these stations. While stories impacting the Hispanic community are ideal for this service, almost any story of interest to the general population is attractive to Spanish television … if the sound bites and material are in Spanish. All products we create and station outreach to Spanish television are entirely in Spanish.
BITES & B-ROLL (BBR)Packages include:
Production. Braun Film and Video coordinates all production, including:
- Story development (feed outlines)
- Field shooting (2 field shoots per project included in base fee). Additional charges for other shoot days are billed separately.
- Nielsen encoding for tracking purposes
- Creation of dubs for distribution to stations
Distribution and Pitching. Our pitching and distribution strategy includes:
- Three satellite feeds the day of the project launch
- A feed the day of release over the Pathfire distribution service of CNN Newsource, accessible by their 750+ affiliated stations nationwide, and to CBS Newspath directed at their network affiliates
- Distribution of hard copy dubs to selected stations, national network feeder services and station ownership groups, including but not limited to ABC News One, CBS Newspath, FOX Newsedge and NBC Newschannel.
- Station contact and pitching.
- Four national fax notifications to every television station nationwide alerting them to the satellite feeds. All releases for target markets are customized with any available city or state specific information.
- Network feeder services and station ownership groups with subscriber stations are contacted and pitched with extensive follow up.
- Local station reporters and producers in the selected markets would receive intensive calling and pitching. Typically this effort is focused on 30 markets but the number can be increased based on project priorities. Every effort would be made to identify and follow up with interested reporters and producers.
- Standard Result Reports. The effectiveness of a local television strategy is easily measurable and Braun Film provides exhaustive result reports on every project. All video products delivered to local stations are encoded with a Nielsen code, which allows use of the video to be easily tracked. Results are reported in three forms:
- Result Report. We will prepare an overnight result report that summarizes story activity from each market the previous day.
- Final Result Analysis. At the conclusion of the project a complete analysis will be prepared that provides information about the number of stations and markets airing.
- Sample Stories. As part of the final result analysis, a sampling of actual stories that have aired will be presented.